1. What motivates you to give? Where did you learn to be generous? When you give to the church or to other charities, how much of it is carefully planned and how much of it is free-spirited? Is it important to you to analyze charities and to carefully plan your giving?
2. Which charities do you support regularly? What criteria do you use to decide which ones to support? How closely do you follow the activities of the charities you support? How do you respond if an unknown person shows up at your door, collecting for a charity?
3. Lori Guenther Reesor writes that many people don’t support the area or national churches perhaps because they don’t know what they do. How do you support your area and national church? Is it part of your congregation’s budget? How could your congregation work at improving the visibility of the area and national church?
4. Should your congregation do a better job of expressing appreciation to donors? Should generous donors receive public recognition? How should a congregation express its thanks to those who give gifts other than money?
5. How can we encourage each other to be more generous? Where do we hear each other’s stories of generosity?