Mission statement: To educate, inspire, inform, and foster dialogue on issues facing Mennonites in Canada as it shares the good news of Jesus Christ from an Anabaptist perspective. We do this through a print publication and through other media, working with our church partners.
Canadian Mennonite serves primarily the people and churches of Mennonite Church Canada, which is made up of five Regional Churches:
- Mennonite Church British Columbia
- Mennonite Church Alberta
- Mennonite Church Saskatchewan
- Mennonite Church Manitoba
- Mennonite Church Eastern Canada
Canadian Mennonite is a member of the Canadian Christian Communicators Association.
- Hebrews 10:23-25
- Accuracy, fairness, balance
- Editorial freedom
- Seeking and speaking the truth in love
- Open hearts and minds in discerning God’s will
- Covenantal relationships and mutual accountability
"Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who has promised is faithful. And let us consider how to provoke one another to love and good deeds, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day approaching (Hebrews 10:23-25)."
Ownership and Governance
Canadian Mennonite is owned and operated by Canadian Mennonite Publishing Service, Inc. (CMPS), a Canadian non-profit corporation established in 1971 to publish the magazine. CMPS is a registered Canadian charity. Our charitable registration number is 119038487RR0001.
The current board of directors as appointed by Mennonite Church Canada and the Regional Church partners:
Mennonite Church Canada: Henry Krause (British Columbia), Rod Wiens (Saskatchewan), Aaron Penner (Manitoba)
Mennonite Church British Columbia: Annika Krause
Mennonite Church Alberta: Arthur Koop
Mennonite Church Saskatchewan: Larry Epp
Mennonite Church Manitoba: Ken Reddig
Mennonite Church Eastern Canada: Karen Heese
Elected by CMPS: Carl DeGurse (Manitoba) Lois Epp (Alberta), Kathryn Lymburner (Ontario)
Chair: Henry Krause
Vice Chair: Larry Epp
Secretary: Annika Krause
Treasurer: Lois Epp
To contact Canadian Mennonite staff, see Contact Us.
Staff members can supply contact information for board members, upon request.
- Canadian Mennonite 2019 Annual Report
- Canadian Mennonite 2018 Annual Report
- Canadian Mennonite 2017 Annual Report
- Canadian Mennonite 2016 Annual Report
- Canadian Mennonite 2015 Annual Report
- Canadian Mennonite 2014 Annual Report
- Canadian Mennonite 2013 Annual Report
- Canadian Mennonite 2012 Annual Report