Dear praying friends of Bethlehem Bible College from around the world,
In the midst of these challenging times, I want to reach out to you with a heartfelt request. Our country is currently witnessing a significant and distressing conflict. Our faith in Jesus, who taught us, "Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you" (Matthew 5:44), compels us to call for the cessation of all violent civilian and military activities that bring harm to both Palestinian and Israeli civilians. We are saddened by the acts that target civilians, regardless of nationality, ethnicity or faith. We pray for sincere, good-faith dialogue and mediation for a just peace and reconciliation. We also know that in order to reach true and viable peace we must address the root causes of the problem. Palestinians have been experiencing ongoing injustice and displacement for more than 75 years. The siege in Gaza must end. Oppression, walls, sieges, and colonization cannot bring security or peace.
In times of conflict and confusion, we turn to the Scriptures for guidance and comfort. Let us reflect on the following verses:
- Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."
- Proverbs 2:6 "For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding."
Please pray with us:
- For leaders and decision-makers, that they may be inspired by wisdom, compassion, and a desire for peace.
- That God's love and peace may transcend the divisions and hatred that have plagued this region for so long. Pray also to help us all to be instruments of His peace, promoting justice, understanding, reconciliation, and most importantly a just peace in the Holy Land.
- We also lift up the families and individuals affected by the conflict, those who have lost loved ones, homes, and livelihoods.
- For our students in Gaza (we have several students and graduates in Gaza who are living in a dire situation now).
- For the church in Gaza that they will be a light and salt to their communities during these difficult days.
We appreciate your support and your love and care for Bethlehem Bible Collge and all the people of the region.
Rev. Dr. Jack Sara