The Senior Development Officer (SDO) reports to the Senior Director, and is a key contributor to the ongoing fundraising success for MEDA, nurturing both new and existing relationships with high capacity donors and working to explore new ways that meet the support goals of the work of MEDA.
The role will work within the landscape of Western Canada, with a focus on Vancouver, B.C. and vicinity and actively travelling throughout the Western Region and internationally as needed as well. The SDO will also work to implement a cultivation and solicitation plan for individual major gift prospects. The successful SDO will have satisfaction of helping donors fulfill their faith, purpose and passions through their investing with MEDA, and to make a lasting positive change in our world.
- Minimum five years demonstrated experience in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Accreditation in a nationally recognized fundraising education (or working towards acccreditation).
- Highly motivated, self-starter, achieveing results with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and skills in business principals with emphasis on marketing/sales.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills in relationship building, active listening, communicating, negotiation and leadership.
- Skills to work with tools such as multi-media presentations, the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including SharePoint, and donor management systems (Raiser's Edge).
- Understanding of the Moves Management system for cultivating gifts and investment funds.
- Knowledge and understanding of MEDA's constituency (Mennonite, Anabaptist and Christian business and professionals).
- Appreciation and support of MEDA's faith, values and goals.
How to Apply
Our online application will allow you to apply to this role as a complete candidate — not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and culture fit, and should take about 10–15 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your personality assessment when you are done by logging in to the tool at bit.ly/SDO-MEDA